Employability and enterprise skills
“Creative and innovative enterprise activities that use the context of work related experiences to inspire and bring the world of work alive.”
“These employability skills are the lubricant of our increasingly complex and inter-connected workplace. They are not a substitute for specific knowledge and technical skills: but they make the difference between being good at a subject and being good at doing a job. …….. too few people have these skills.”
Sir Michael Rake – Chairman, BT Group and President of the CBI
Spark’s core Employability & Enterprise Skills (Work Related Learning) Service is available to all partner schools through an annual subscription. Schools can select activities from the diverse menu in our Services Guide. (Or download the Executive Summary.) Activities can be delivered on your school site or, for collaborative events where more than one school is participating, at a shared school or business venue.
“A huge thank you for all your support and organisation of the Year 10 Interviews yesterday. Also many thanks to the volunteers who so generously gave up their time to interview our students. For many of our children it was a big deal to have a formal interview with a complete stranger and the volunteers were not only highly professional in their approach with them but also showed a wonderful generosity of spirit… The students really appreciated the experience …and I am confident that they have benefited from the event.”
Anjali Sakhardande, Headteacher, Kingsley Academy
Our school services are led by Ruby Mir who has been brokering education-business partnerships for over 8 years and supported by Priti Malhotra. This dynamic team works in close collaboration with our partners to deliver a diverse mix of challenges and curriculum-based activities for students including:
- Primary (KS1 and 2) – new in 2013 we are introducing a range of literacy, numeracy and science based activities for primary schools. These will mobilise business volunteers to support delivery.
- KICKSTART (KS4) – our pioneering employability and enterprise skills programme incorporates speed networking, mock interviews and Enterprise Challenges.
- Other opportunities (KS3, 4 and 5) – An exciting range of other programmes are delivered throughout the year including:
- One day Enterprise Challenges – These annual events introduce BP and the RAF young people in West London.
- Competitions – Ranging from the Mosaic Enterprise Challenge, to Reservoir to Tap with Thames Water to the Young Film-makers Competition supported by Sky.
- Sector-based tasters – Discover more about our Finance Conference and the Kempton Park Maths Day.
- Career and personal development – Opportunities include University and Apprenticeships Fairs, as well as our special partnerships with the Eton Summer School and the Institute of Directors.
- Bespoke Employer Engagement and Professional Development – our team can apply decades of experience and mobilise regional and national experts to develop unique solutions for your school and students.
New activities are introduced as new opportunities emerge – sometimes these will be available for all schools but sometimes only for a few with latter enabling to deliver customized services responding to your educational priorities in the year ahead.
Please direct all enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org